Air Fryer Chicken Wings are easy to make and turn out just as crispy and delicious as any wing place you may frequent. In addition, it's so much cheaper, and you won't be limited to a certain amount of flavors. I highly recommend trying this recipe with all sorts of different sauces and seasonings.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Chicken wing restaurants can be expensive. That's not to say that we never treat ourselves because we do. However, I still find the ease of frozen wings in the air fryer to be the better option. They literally get placed in the air fryer, cooked, then tossed in seasonings and sauces. All in the time it would take to get online, pick what the family wants, place the order, pick it up, and bring it home.
These air fryer chicken wings are never actually fried, making them a much healthier alternative. In fact, I don't even spray them with any oil. They naturally crisp up from the circulating hot air while staying nice and juicy on the inside.
It really doesn't take much to prepare these wings.
- Frozen Chicken Wings
- Sauces and Seasonings
You can use all types of pre-made sauces and seasonings. You'll find some of my favorites a little later.
See the recipe card below for full information on ingredients and quantities.
First, open up the bag of wings and your Air Fryer and dump about half the bag in.
Next, set your Air Fryer to 360° F. for about 15 minutes and press start.
After about 6-7 minutes, press pause and open the air fryer. This is a very important part of the process but may vary depending on the wings that you're using.
If you see a lot of water or chicken fat in the bottom of the basket, I recommend removing the basket and pouring that excess water out. Then, shake the wings or move them around using a pair of tongs. If you don't have the excess water, toss the wings around to be sure they're cooking evenly.
Now, finish off the remaining cooking time and toss the wings again.
Lastly, turn the heat on your air fryer to 400°f, set it for another 15 minutes, and then press start.
At this point, you'll want to check on your wings every 5 minutes, shake them, and cook until you've reached your desired crispiness.
I prefer my chicken wings to be super crispy, so I air fry them for the entire 15 minutes. Sometimes, even a little longer, depending on how many I'm cooking.
Once you've reached your desired crispiness, toss the wings in your favorite sauces and seasonings.
Chicken Wing Seasonings
When I'm seasoning my air fryer chicken wings, I always start with melted butter. While the wings are cooking, melt about four tablespoons of butter in the microwave and put it into the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
I mix ¼ Cup of powdered parmesan and 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder into the melted butter for Air fryer Garlic Parmesan wings. Toss the wings into this mixture for amazing Garlic Parmesan Wings.
Chicken Wing Sauces
The butter isn't necessary when using sauces on your air fryer wings. Pour the sauce into the bottom of the mixing bowl and toss the wings.
I prefer dry seasonings with butter, but I highly recommend any flavor of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and Frank's Red Hot for traditional sauce wings when using sauces.
More Recipes You'll Love
If you made this Air Fryer Chicken Wing recipe or any other of my recipes, please leave a Star Rating and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Frozen
- 5 Lb Wing Pieces - Frozen
- Your favorite Sauce or Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Open up the bag of wings and dump about half the bag into the air fryer.
- Set your Air Fryer to 360° F. for about 15 minutes, and press start.
- After about 6-7 minutes press pause and open the air fryer.
- If you see that a lot of water or chicken fat is in the bottom of the basket, I recommend removing the basket and pouring that excess water out. Then, shake the wings or move them around using a pair of tongs. If you don't have the excess water, simply toss the wings around to be sure they're cooking evenly.
- Now finish off the remaining cook time and toss the wings again.
- Turn the heat up on your air fryer to 400°f and set it for another 15 minutes then press start.
- Check the wings every 5 minutes or so, shake them, and continue to cook until you've reached your desired crispiness.
- Toss in your favorite sauce or seasoning! (See recommendations above)