Allow me to be the first to tell you that I'm no expert at making bread. In fact, I just started doing so about 6 months ago. While it's not the easiest thing in the kitchen to accomplish it has been one of the most rewarding. Which is exactly why I am sharing this Easy Homemade White Bread Recipe with you. The easier the better for a beginner bread baker!
If you have never made homemade bread before you're in for a treat. The aroma that fills your home is so warm and comforting. Then, taking it out of the oven is like removing a sculpture. You are going to love this!
This particular recipe did turn out a bit crumblier than I was wanting. But that could be for one simple reason. I may have used too much flour when kneading the dough. The extra flour ends up mixed into the dough. When this happens the flour to water ratio is off resulting in dryer more crumbly bread.
The bread is still amazing though! The only caveat is that it needs to be toasted. We have used it for sandwiches, toast, and garlic bread to have with pasta.
Why did I make a White Bread Recipe?
There are a few reasons why you might be looking into an Easy Homemade White Bread Recipe. I made this during a time when the stores were all sold out and it was a necessity. Which lead me to a whole other thought process. This bread has 6 ingredients, and even though I am going to be making improvements, it serves its purpose.
Loot at the ingredients on a loaf of store bought white bread and it will be reason enough to make your own.
Let's Get it Started!
Mix 1-½ cups of flour with the syrup, yeast, oil, and warm water. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes and then add the remaining flour and salt. Allow this mixture to rest for about another 10 minutes.
Knead the dough ball on a floured surface for around 5 minutes. You will feel it start to firm up.
Place your kneaded dough ball into a large oiled or buttered Glass mixing bowl and allow to rise for about 90 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
Roll/ball the dough up and put it in a buttered 9x5 loaf pan. Allow to proof for 1 hour or until it has started spilling over the top edges of the pan.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Brush the top of the loaf with melted butter and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove the loaf from its pan and place on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes before slicing.
Slice, Serve, and Enjoy!
Easy Homemade White Bread Recipe
- 3 ½ Cups Unbleached All Purpose flour.
- ⅛ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Packet Active Dry Yeast
- ⅛ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Cups Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Mix 1 ½ cups of the flour, with the syrup, yeast, oil and warm water and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining flour and salt.
- Let the mixture rest for another 10 minutes.
- Knead the ball of dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes. Be sure not to use too much flour on the surface or you will end up with dry bread.
- Place the kneaded dough ball in a glass or steel bowl that has been wiped with oil or butter and allow to rise for about 90 minutes. It should double in size.
- Roll up your dough and place in a buttered or oiled 9x5 Loaf pan and allow the dough to proof for about an hour. The dough should be over the top of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Brush the top of the loaf with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and pan. Place it on a cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my Easy Homemade White Bread Recipe.
I hope you enjoy it but please feel free to leave a comment about any alterations you made and as usual...
Leave a Reply